Friday, July 29, 2011

Life Lately

Another week nearly over.  This week it really is a true Friday for me because I have tomorrow off!  Super shocker, I know.  It was great though because that way I can ride to Columbia tonight with my Dad and it doesn't waste gas making my mom drive up here tomorrow.  I am getting a new car this weekend which is very exciting!  I have never driven a new car, since being the baby of the family I got the pass-downs when someone else upgraded.  It is going to be a KIA Soul, but I'm not sure which color I will end up with.  There are a few colors Jake and I like so we will see what is available on the lot and which we can get the best deal on. 

I have been pretty proud of myself at work lately.  There are always going to be things you don't like about your job, but the little accomplishments make it worth while.  We have had several builders and architects come in to our showroom lately and I have done a really great job meeting with them.  Not to compliment myself, but it is such a great feeling when you know you nailed a client meeting and you can feel their complete trust and confidence in you and your vision.  It also makes me feel so proud of how much I have learned over the past year and a half in the "real world." To have 40-50yr old architects put their complete confidence in me and ask for my advise is awesome.  Things like that make everything else worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!