Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kitchen Update






Ohhh, our kitchen remodel.  Our kitchen has been about 80% complete since last November when we redid the cabinetry, granite countertops, sink & faucet.  I LOVE how all of that turned out, and I am just the type of person that wants to do something well the first time instead of skimping and then a couple years down the road you have to find replacements, etc.  Well, here is the next installment:






Isn't she beautiful?  I needed a small(ish) down-light fixture for above our peninsula because right now there is terrible lighting in that part of the kitchen.  Since it originally wasn't kitchen before we remodeled, there's just a small ceiling light that does pretty much nothing for me when I'm trying to do my baking there.  It's also where we typically put out food when we are entertaining so this will be a nice focal point and provide a LOT more lighting.  I got this for a steal, and love the shape, but I'm not in love with the globes.  I might try to find some that are slightly more contemporary and an opaque white instead of the alabaster. 

I'll post pictures in a couple weeks once we have it hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!