Monday, April 29, 2013

Ooey Gooey S'mores Cookies!

Your mouth is watering already, isn't it? 

Last week I was browsing cookie recipes because my friend Karen and I were going to bake cookies at the Ronald McDonald House and stumbled upon this piece of Heaven... 

[Side note - the Ronald McDonald House wants it to feel like home for the families who are staying there, so every single day volunteers bake cookies at a scheduled time so that the scent fills up the house] Well since the weekday time slot is 10am, I am not able to go since I'm at work.  The weekend time slot is 1pm, and sadly amazingly the weekend opportunities fill up months in advance.  I think I signed up for this time back in October!  I am looking forward to Wednesday because the November calendar opens and I'm hoping to snag up a spot! 

We made these at the house yesterday and they turned out great!

Here's the recipe so you can whip up a batch of your own:


Ooey Gooey S'mores Cookies 
THE INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
Gooey Smores Cookies 
THE PROCESS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.
Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen cookies. 
For more on this recipe and some wonderful others, visit Kevin and Amanda Recipes & Home Site


Totally go with the cinnamon graham crackers, as Amanda recommends in the original recipe.  They make all the difference.  I used regular dark chocolate chips because I couldn't find the mini Hershey kisses.  The little Jet Puff Mallow Bits may take a couple of stores to find.  They did not have them at Food Lion, but I found them at Walmart.

Good luck & let me know how it goes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!