Friday, September 2, 2011

Working for the Weekend

Gotta love classic rock...unfortunately unlike many others, I do have to work on this holiday weekend.  However, I am looking forward to next weekend when I have Saturday off.  We are going to Charleston to see my aunt who is going back to India, where she lives doing mission work.  She was back here for the summer to take some classes, which was great because she was able to be at my wedding!

Next Sunday will also be fun because I am headed to Florence for a friends baby shower.  I have not been to Florence in SUCH a long time.  Probably 4 years, from what I can remember.  It will be so nice to see the town and how it has grown.  My mom and I are going up early to have lunch at Redbone Alley, one of my favorite restaurants.   On Sunday we are also revealing the location of my parents' 30th anniversary trip, so it will be an exciting weekend!

Also, I felt the urge to do something crafty today.  I was out window shopping in Pier 1, and all of the fall holiday stuff was out and so cute!!  If only Pier 1 wasn't so expensive, I would have bought everything!  Instead, I left with a $6 purchase of handsoap with a cute Autumn scent for our powder room :) I went next door to Michael's craft store and decided to make my own decorations.  While looking at all of the Fall items, I was starting to worry that something in the typical Orange and golden tones would be misunderstood for some SITG of Clemson decoration from far away.  Well, if you know my husband you know that this would definitely not be acceptable.  So, while brainstorming I thought about the excitement of this weekend, and decided to make a college football wreath.  Here is the final product, Go Dawgs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!