Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Project Ideas

As mentioned before, our backsplash (or lack thereof) is a bit pitiful right now.  I want to do something simple with an accent border, just using really beautiful and unique tile.  Here are some of the things I am loving:


This is kind of along the lines of what I'm thinking.  A base row or two of subway tile, then glass mosaic accent (I want variation of color though) and then continue the base tile above.  I love this marble but we will probably do travertine, since the color will work better with our granite.
This uses my favorite style of glass tile--crushed glass.  "Sonoma Glass" or "Art Glass" would be the official term for it, but it is so beautiful!  I love the way the glaze surrounds the broken glass pieces, and the way that the light picks up on the facets.  I also like how the slate brings in the colors of our granite, although you have to be good with keeping up with slate since it is porous and can stain.

Isn't this beautiful?! However, it's BEYOND expensive.  This is from AKDO, a high-end line that I used to sell when I was doing kitchen & bathroom remodeling.
Lastly, Sumi-e glass.  LOVE.  Every single piece of tile is different.  The colors are fantastic, I just wouldn't use gray grout.  Not sure which mosaic of it we would choose, there are several patterns.


Hopefully we will be able to tackle this more when we get back from Las Vegas.  I don't want to rush it because I would rather take our time and get it exactly how we want it, instead of rushing to get something up and have to settle.  



<3 Goodnight!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!