Friday, December 28, 2012

...And we have HEAT!

We have been so busy I promise I'll do a little re-cap of the holidays over the weekend...however I thought it calls for a bit of a celebration because as of yesterday, our heat finally works again!

 Praise Jesus!

We have had quite the time with trying to figure out what was wrong with it for the past month....first the thermostat stopped working so it took us about a week to go get a new one and replace it (the weather wasn't cold enough yet so we weren't rushing), then we get the new, fun, energy-saving thermostat installed and......the heat doesn't work.  It just never turned back on.  The thermostat was installed correctly, by yours truly and the best hubby in the world, but that was about where our HVAC skills ended.  So, my life has been full of bundling up in about 20 five layers, plus blankets while at home.  Jake was of course loving it because he is abnormally hot-natured.  So what was the cause?  Well, about a month ago when I asked my adoring husband to get the Christmas decorations out of the attic, he must have accidentally hit some switches and turned off the heat pump.  The thermostat breaking was just a coincidence of having a 10 year old house with a cheap builder-grade thermostat.  However, I am looking forward to seeing if the whole "energy saving" piece of this new one works.  We have it programmed to certain temperature settings for during the week and on the weekends.  It says it can save you up to 30% of your bill.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!