Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We put our tree up last weekend and today I finally made my bow for the topper...I went to the after Christmas sales last year and bought a pretty star topper but our new pre-lit tree is too tall to use it :( so that went back into the decoration box for use in the future.  I figured a bow would look cute and I found some awesome ribbon at Hobby Lobby.

The Christmas ribbon was on sale 50% off at Hobby Lobby so I got a 30ft roll of 3" wide ribbon for only $4.99!  I already had some craft wire at home...and, voila!


I used the entire roll of ribbon and I think it came out a great size.  I might try to get more ribbon and put some bows like this on our trees outside of the dining room window.  Here is the tutorial that I followed:  Bow Tutorial

I was surprised at how quick and easy it was.  It's great to know how to do it because they charge you $10 plus the price of the ribbon at a lot of places to have one made.  


Next step:  outdoor decorations!



Well, our bulldogs lost yesterday but what a game!  I'm just so proud that they actually showed up and that was one heck of a game to watch.  We had a bunch of friends over to watch it and had a great time with lots of great food.  It was quite the little spread, this picture is from before a few more trays of sweets:


The crock pots were Buffalo Chicken Dip and Velveeta Sausage dip.  Yum!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!