Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snow-verload...

Well I really underestimated this snow storm.  I saw it was snowing when I got out of the shower yesterday morning but nothing was sticking to the ground so I went about my day like normal..had a haircut appointment, then went shopping at Concord Mills with a friend to take advantage of the President's Day sales and let me tell you Ann Taylor did not disappoint!  Well..as we were leaving the mall we heard little ramblings about how it was a "blizzard" outside.  Neither one of us believed it until we looked outside as we passed an exit door and discovered the winter wonderland awaiting us.  We quickly finished up and got out to the car, which was already covered in about 2 inches of snow at this point.  Thankfully, it was just snow and did not freeze over until late at night so the roads were not that bad at all. 

Home the morning after...
 
It was pretty but I am so over the cold. Bring on the boating weather!

Obviously, walking outside to take this picture was the extent of my travels all day today.  Since it was still cold the ice that developed was still on some roads and I was not about to take my chances.  Grocery shopping can wait.  Plus side?  I don't think I have ever gotten so much cleaning done in one day.  I'm talking vacuumed, dusted, several loads of laundry, reorganizing the closets, cleaned the dog kennels, resealed the granite countertops, ran the dishwasher, put away all the clean dishes...It felt so good to get it all done because I haven't been able to the past few weeks after my wreck.  I am still dealing with some chest pain which makes things like vacuuming and mopping a little difficult.  The vacuuming wasn't too bad but after doing all the rest of that I didn't want to push myself too much.  Mopping will have to wait for another day.  Hopefully soon because it's driving me nuts.


In other news, I wanted to share this super easy, super yummy recipe for Pepperoni Rolls that I sort of winged and they came out fabulous.  I made them for our Super Bowl party two weeks ago and again for dinner since then. 

 
Home-made Pepperoni Rolls
What you'll need:
1 Package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 Package of Pepperoni Slices
1 Jar of Pizza Sauce (I used Ragu)
1-2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cavender's Greek Seasoning (or any Greek seasoning, but theirs is soooo good)

Get Started:
Take out your baking sheet and preheat your oven to 375* (as directed on the crescent roll package).
Open the crescent rolls and separate.  Pat them out so that they are a little bit bigger.
Put about a tablespoon of Pizza Sauce on the middle of the crescent.  Add about 4 slices of Pepperoni and a pinch of shredded Mozzarella.  Fold the crescent up (this make take a couple tries to get a nice shape but it will taste good no matter what it looks like).  Press together the seams of the folded crescent roll.  Repeat for all 8 rolls, then sprinkle your Greek seasoning over top of all of them. 
Pop them in the oven for about 10-11 minutes, and then enjoy!  Serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping if desired.
 
 
It's a great, quick meal or snack.  You can mix things up with whatever toppings you like inside.
 
 
 
XO, Stacey 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!