Thursday, June 23, 2011

Inspired!

I love our house, and when we moved in we got some new furniture and accessories to decorate but did not spend time hanging a bunch of things up on the walls. Unfortunately, the hanging of pictures and photos was put on the back burner due to busy work schedules and wedding planning, so our walls are still pretty darn bare! Well, now that wedding planning craziness is over I have a little bit of free time and I have gotten really inspired for some paintings that I want to do. I am torn between doing this idea in our master bedroom, or for our dining room. I think I am leaning towards the dining room. I need to make a trip to Michael's to get some supplies, which I will hopefully be able to do this weekend so that I can get it done and post some pictures of the finished product!

I am also super excited about what my brother and I are planning for my parent's 30th wedding anniversary next year. When they got married, they were only able to do a day trip for their honeymoon since they were having to pay for everything on their own. We want to send them on a vacation to get the honeymoon they never had. It's our way to show them how much we appreciate all they have done for us over the years, and for the times they went without so that we got everything we wanted. They know that we are sending them somewhere but do not know the location, which is a huge surprise being revealed to them this year on their anniversary in September. They have no idea, so it's fun to hear them(or mostly my Mom) guess :) I am bursting at the seams trying to keep this secret because we are having so much fun planning the trip and the "reveal" for them. I just have to stick it out 3 more months! Stay Tuned! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!