Thursday, October 10, 2013

20 Week Appointment Update

Had a great appointment this morning checking up on little miss!  Strong heartbeat and everything else looking good.  They gave me my flu shot, which is to protect me and also so that the antibodies pass through the placenta to the baby.  That way, she's got some defense since she's going to be born in the heart of flu season.


How far along? 20 weeks, 2 days!

Total weight gain/loss: +9.5lbs

Maternity clothes? YES.  I only wear maternity pants.  I just bought my first pair of maternity pajama pants but haven't worn them yet.  I have been getting by with wearing most of my pre-pregnancy shirts and cardigans, but with the cooler weather this week I've mixed in some maternity light-weight sweaters. 

Sleep: Still seems to be a little touch & go...every now and then I will wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back to sleep.  Still tired at times during the day.  My Boppy sleeping pillow helps a lot to keep me from sleeping on my back.

Best baby moment this week:  Hearing the heartbeat today! and hitting the 1/2 way milestone :)

Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? It's not technically missing anything, but....I'm not really worried about the glucose test (which I found out my doctor does around 28wks) but I've been trying to be good and watch my sugar intake.  Or at least, not over-do it.  If I eat candy or plan on dessert, then I stick to just drinking water throughout the day instead of mixing in soda, coffee, or hot chocolate.  Things like that.  They may not have a huge impact, but they make me feel like I'm doing something good. 

Movement: Yes! I was right when I thought I was feeling little kicks around 15 1/2 weeks, and they have gotten progressively stronger.  Jake felt a couple for the first time a few nights ago! 

Food cravings: Still pasta and anything peanut butter.  Lots of milk and Chocolate milk!  Also soup (which may just be this colder weather).  And waffles!

Anything making you queasy or sickStill staying away from red meat (except pork) and Chinese food.

Have you started to show yetYes, a decent little bump :)

Gender: GIRL!  Jake was right.  Her name will be Ryleigh Marie. 

Labor Signs: No, and better not for a while!

Belly Button in or out?  In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy/tired.  I do get emotional over sad or sweet things more than usual.

Looking forward to: getting around to the nursery!  We've selected furniture and have a good plan for most of what it will look like (more to come on that soon)!   I don't know if it's the early signs of nesting or just the designer in me.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!