Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nursery Rug

Have I mentioned before just how much I love a good bargain?  Because I do....and I found one today!

Pretty much every day I peruse the deals on the Zulily site.  I've been doing it for a while--they have great deals not only for moms but also for women's clothing, holiday items, and housewares.  They also tend to have deals for guys--it seems like this is more "seasonal" around Father's Day or tailgating season. 

Well, they often have rugs on there and I've been trying to find a good deal and cute, kid-ish [like that new word?] 5'x7' rug for Ryleigh's nursery.  I just can't bring myself to pay $125+ for a large area rug that's probably just going to be drooled on, spit up on, etc.  BUT, the dilemma comes in because I also don't want my baby to be laying all over a cheap, itchy rug.

Today, I came across this one and decided to snatch it up!  It's exactly the size I need, the light pink matches the bedding fabric, and the brown will go with the color of the furniture.  It's not exactly what I had in mind, but I think it will look really cute.  It was $250, on sale through Zulily for $84.99+ $10 shipping, and I had a $20 credit on my account so I ended up only paying about $75!  It's from Mohawk Home, which is a great carpet and rug brand and they typically have very soft pile.  We actually have a giant [can't remember if it's 8'x10' or 9'x12'] Mohawk Home rug in our master bedroom that I found for a great deal at TJMaxx last year.  I'm hoping that this rug for Ryleigh is just as nice!

Here is the bedding fabric...
...and here's the area rug!
I also like how it looks as if the colors are heathered, which might also tie in the white from the bedding.  If it is, that's an added bonus.  If not, still cute! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!