Tuesday, October 22, 2013

25th Birthday Weekend Recap :)

I had a great 25th Birthday weekend!  Saturday morning my parents came up to visit, and we went out to Windy Hill Orchard's Apple Festival.  It sprinkled a little on us when we first got there, but other than that the weather was nice.  We got to feed some animals, eat some cider donuts and drink some cider!  My dad and Jake did the Hard Cider tasting.  After that we quick snapped this picture by their pumpkins :)


Such a good picture of me and my hubby [..and Ryleigh making her presence known nowadays!]...

After the Orchard we went to Empire 2 for lunch and played in their cornhole tournament.  It was a lot of fun, but sadly we did not come even close to win.

Saturday night was some girl time and window shopping with friends, then made chocolate & pecan covered apples....There are photos of that somewhere but they will never see the light of day! Let's just say that the chocolate was not set before we decided to devour them, so it was a little messy to say the least!

Sunday [my actual birthday] started off with a lazy, snuggly morning watching overloads of New Girl on Netflix with Jake...and the treat of breakfast in bed, in the form of these bad boys:

...Let's just call it a recent craving...

Then, got ready and met a couple friends at the Upscale WeeSale.  It was an interesting experience!  I ended up finding some pretty cute little outfits, mostly jumpers/dresses, for little miss!  I was impressed with the nice brands that they had [Ralph Lauren, The Children's Place, Janie & Jack, Gymboree] and most clothing items were priced around $4-6.  The last day prices were cut in half, so we ended up paying $1.50-3 for each of these:

 
 
Black corduroy dress with matching bloomer, 6-9 months from Baby Gap  $3.00
Brown and Pink ruffled leggings, 6 months from Carter's  $2.25 for the set 

 
Jean & Plaid jumper, 6-9 months from The Children's Place $1.50
Autumn Plaid jumper, 6 months from Gymboree $1.50

 
Khaki embroidered jumper, 6 months from Gymboree  $1.50
Jean Capris, 6 months from Janie & Jack  $1.50

 
and my absolute favorite for many reasons [UGA colors, super cute, plaid, and still had tags on!]
Red & Black plaid jumper, 6 months from Ralph Lauren  $3.00
 
Yes, ladies and gents, those are serious deals!  I also got myself a pair of black maternity leggings that were Ingrid & Isabel for only $3.00! 
 
The grand total for everything came to $18.99 with sales tax :)  Even Jake was proud of those deals!
 
 
 
I ended my birthday with a fun dinner with some friends and Jake's side of the family at...wait for it...Charandas! You were surprised, weren't you?! haha we do love that place :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!