Friday, June 8, 2012

Better Luck Next Time




So, apparently my photos were "not what the juror was looking for."  Oh well!  The photo competition was judged by one person so you never know what style she prefers.  When I dropped my pictures off I saw that there was a lot of black & white photography so mine were very different being in full, bold colors.   I'm excited to pick up the photos, paint the frames, and get them hung up in our house though!  I think that they will look really good in the dining room and bring some more bright colors in there.



As I said, better luck next time.  At the end of the summer, I believe in August, they are holding an art competition that I am really looking forward to.  Drawing is something I am MUCH more familiar with and have had many years of formal training, plus a degree in fine art.  I will have to read their requirement sheet, but I am definitely planning to enter my drawing of Jake and my wedding picture.  It will be sad to take it off of our wall while it's being entered in the competition though, I've fallen so in love with seeing it every time I walk in or out of our bedroom...makes me think of our wedding day each time :)

 
 
Side note---can you believe our wedding was almost a whole YEAR ago?!  Our first year as husband & wife has flown by, with so many wonderful memories...





Aside from that...I am looking forward to a very fun weekend.  Tonight we are going to finally see The Avengers!  I hope it lives up to all of the hype.  I'm worried it's more of a guy movie, but I really like a lot of the actors in it.  Tomorrow my parent's are coming up to visit and Jake has a softball tournament.  Sunday we have church and are going to the driving range with some friends in the afternoon. 

I am LOVING getting back into golf already.  We went and played 9 holes last weekend and I thought it went pretty decent for not having golfed in about 7 or 8 years (with the exception of the occasional putt-putt course).  I had wanted to just spend lots of time on the driving range to remember my swing and get the feel for everything again, but the boys (Jake, Todd, TC) wanted to play the course so I only got to hit a little bit before jumping right in.  As TC said, as long as I was moving the ball forward it was progress!  I wasn't getting the ball in the air as much as I would have liked, but I was making some fairways, staying out of sand traps, and didn't lose a single ball until the 8th hole!  I see that as a nice accomplishment :)  Hopefully this weekend will go better and I will start to get my swing down again.  It's frustrating knowing how much better I was at one point and trying to get my body to remember how to do everything properly.  I kept bringing in habits from my softball swing like lifting up my front foot during my back-swing.  That was the whole reason my parents had me choose during high school--softball or golf, because if you continue to do both your swings are going to blend together and you won't be good at either one. Now I'm having to deal with my choice of picking to play softball!



That's all for now, have a great weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!